Bad idea?

RogerTheChicken

Songster
6 Years
May 17, 2014
i took my chicks out of the brooder today and put them a small coop in the middle of the big coop with the grown chickens, they were getting to big for the brooder and are 3 weeks old, was this a bad idea?

i took my chicks out of the brooder today and put them a small coop in the middle of the big coop with the grown chickens, they were getting to big for the brooder and are 3 weeks old, was this a bad idea?

Well it depends on how it's set up. Are they still under a heat lamp? Can the big birds knock it over? Can the big birds get to the little ones? Do each group have their own food and water sources? How cold is it where you are?

Well it depends on how it's set up. Are  they still under a heat lamp? Can the big birds knock it over? Can the big birds get to the little ones? Do each group have their own food and water sources? How cold is it where you are?

They have a heat lamp, the big birds can't get to them, they have their own food and water, and it is supposed to be in the 70s-80s all this week

They have a heat lamp, the big birds can't get to them, they have their own food and water, and it is supposed to be in the 70s-80s all this week

Sounds good! I'm sure they'll be fine!
smile.png

Heat, food & water, they got everything they need; sounds like a good idea to me. I like to get mine on the ground soon as possible but usually leave them in the brooder cage till about 5 weeks old due to cats.

Back
Top Bottom