Bad news with dewormer

Isn’t anyone wondering why Safe guard/fenbendazole is not allowed for the chicken industry in some countries in this World? This is not to protect the chickens, but to protect the consumers.

And how it’s possible that a safe product like Flubenol is not for sale in (parts of?) the US.

I must say I distrust the poison ☠ industry.

They have proven to disrespect life and human health on this earth. The poison industry contributes to the problems we have in Europe with massive bee and other insect deaths. And bc of that a disturbance of other life forms too. They have proven to ignore massive health problems in GMO industry for people working in the fields and living around the fields where they are used (Monsanto was successfully sewed for this). People in the flower industry in the Netherlands often get Parkinson after working or living near the bulb flower 🌹 and lily fields because of the poisonousness of the herb killers. But is hard to make better legislations bc they make lots of profits and have powerful lobby and advertising machines. The only way to stop them is by proof and after damage is done. Like in the tobacco and asbestos industry.

Anyway if I ever need to use a medicine which is a poison I would choose the one that is approved and the most safe to use.

Isn’t anyone wondering why Safe guard/fenbendazole is not allowed for the chicken industry in some countries in this World? This is not to protect the chickens, but to protect the consumers.

And how it’s possible that a safe product like Flubenol is not for sale in (parts of?) the US.

They have proven to disrespect life and human health on this earth. The poison industry contributes to the problems we have in Europe with massive bee and other insect deaths. And bc of that a disturbance of other life forms too. They have proven to ignore massive health problems in GMO industry for people working in the fields and living around the fields where they are used (Monsanto was successfully sewed for this). People in the flower industry in the Netherlands often get Parkinson after working or living near the bulb flower 🌹 and lily fields because of the poisonousness of the herb killers. But is hard to make better legislations bc they make lots of profits and have powerful lobby and advertising machines. The only way to stop them is by proof and after damage is done. Like in the tobacco and asbestos industry.

Anyway if I ever need to use a medicine which is a poison I would choose the one that is approved and the most safe to use.
You'd be the first person running to the hospital if you pooped out worms!

Ivermectin, Albendazole, Praziquantel, Levamisole, Fenbendazole, and Pyrantel Pamoate are all used to treat worms in humans. You were probably given Pyrantel Pamoate for pinworms.
All these products are used in animals.
I'm glad you dont have worms, they can cause serious damage in the human body over time if left untreated. Some worms are more damaging than others.
Check this out:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...okworm-friends-buried-sand-beach-Florida.html
(Yes, chickens can get hookworms as well as humans.)

i use goat safeguard dewormer. works like a charm! saved my amerucauna
3ml per gallon
It's not recommended for several reasons.
  • It's not water-soluble
  • 3 ml per gallon is not enough to treat many worms
  • Sick birds aren't usually drinking enough water.

Oh my goodness I couldn’t even finish reading this tomfoolery. The reason why many farm-animal medications aren’t labeled for poultry use is because there haven’t been enough large-scale randomized research trials completed. Who pays for the research? You? Backyard farmers? No. Monolithic commercial poultry farms pay for it. How do chickens live in large commercial “farms”? In a wire cage with no dirt floor. They don’t have access to dirt and tidbits that will give them parasites, so there has been no need to officially publish results for deworming medications. In terms of other illnesses, chickens are simply killed rather than treated because it’s not profitable. Antibiotic use In commercial flocks was used preventatively, not for a cure, but can no longer be used for animals or animal products meant for consumption so that also eliminates the need for research on most antibiotics. Vets, small farmers, and even doctors for humans use medications for off-label use every single day. There is plenty of information out there on off-label use on many medications, even if it wasn’t a large-randomized trial study published in some big-time journal.

Now I absolutely believe that if you don’t want to treat a curable ailment in yourself or your animals, that’s your choice, but don’t spread misinformation to suit your own agenda.

And on one other note, egg-withdrawal periods during and after medication use exists for a reason. Those products don’t linger in their system forever. Don’t eat the eggs for the required amount of time, and the medication will clear their system.

Sorry to sound abrasive, but misinformation causes more harm than good.

Safeguard is not an Ivermectin. It is fenbendazole which is a benzimidazole just like Valbazen. Both safeguard and Valbazen are very safe wormers and tough to overdose a chicken with either product. It's easier to overdose using too much Ivermectin.

omg your right. Ugh I’m so out of practice with these meds. Had goats years ago and had it confused with another wormer we rotated with. Sorry

Back
Top Bottom