Badly broken leg Muscovy

Hey guys this will be my last post in this thread, thank you to everyone who is still following. Today I went to change his dressing and after closer inspection it appears that the break has healed. There are no apparent sharp or loose bone fragments under the skin. The break site is fully fused, very clumsily and it feels nothing like the other leg. It's very enlarged but definitely solid bone. He has feeling all the way down to his toes. Good circulation. He seems to be using the leg best he can to get around but it's obvious he can't move the leg from the break site down. He can kick and move his leg from the hip joint but nothing lower. So long story short - I think he will hobble around like a spastic for the rest of his life but I'm sure he will at least live a long happy crippled life.

Hey guys this will be my last post in this thread, thank you to everyone who is still following. Today I went to change his dressing and after closer inspection it appears that the break has healed. There are no apparent sharp or loose bone fragments under the skin. The break site is fully fused, very clumsily and it feels nothing like the other leg. It's very enlarged but definitely solid bone. He has feeling all the way down to his toes. Good circulation. He seems to be using the leg best he can to get around but it's obvious he can't move the leg from the break site down. He can kick and move his leg from the hip joint but nothing lower. So long story short - I think he will hobble around like a spastic for the rest of his life but I'm sure he will at least live a long happy crippled life.

Thanks for the update.

-Kathy

I am so glad it healed. Your little duckling has a zest for life and I am sure he will make the best of it, stiff leg and all. I bet you will hardly notice his leg once he gets to swim. Thanks for the update. I hope you keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom