caf.gif

10 Egg Pound Cake

3 cups sugar
2 cups Crisco shortening
10 eggs
3 cups sifted flour
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup Pet milk (edited to add: Pet is a brand name of evaporated or condensed milk. Dont use "sweetened condensed" milk)
1 tsp rum flavoring
1/2 tsp almond flavoring (optional)

Cream Crisco and sugar together well, then add eggs, beating very well after each. Add salt, flavorings and milk, then flour. Bake in an extra large tube pan that has been floured and greased. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Check after 1 hour and 45 minutes. Cake is done if knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Well I have a suggestion for something that is baked, but not something that is of a confectionary nature, if that is what you mean by "baked goods" -- quiche. I grew up hating quiche, especially because I don't like crust with eggy filling, however there are many different quiche recipes on the internet, and most likely you will find one that will suit your taste. The one I found does not require a traditional crust.
big_smile.png

My favorite baked good -- that is both baked and confectionary in nature -- is lemon bars.

I love egg custard.. its alot like Flan..

Do you make that caramel sauce thats on flan with brown sugar and butter and just simmer it down??

Couldnt you put that over the egg custard and a Flan type dessert??

Breakfast "Quiche"

Spray pyrex baking dish with Pam. Tear slices of bread into small pieces and cover bottom of pan. Add browned sausage, crumbled bacon or chopped ham. Add chopped peppers and onions if desired. Cover this with a generous amount of shredded cheese (American, cheddar, mexican blend, whatever). In a separate bowl mix eggs with a fork ( I use 4-6 for a small dish, 8 or more for a 13 x 9). Add milk to eggs (1 cup for small, 2 cups for lg). Pour over mixture in pan. Bake at 350 until set.

You can refrigerate this overnight but you don't really have to refrigerate it at all.

Sorry about not having specific measures but this is a very forgiving recipe. You can vary milk & eggs, etc. Cut it in squares and serve hot but also cold left overs are good for nibbling.

Hash brown casserole:
Use thawed frozen hash browns or partially cook your own from grated raw potatos. Spread on bottom of 13 x 9 pan that has been greased or sprayed with cooking spray. (this uses 1 regular bag. You can add chopped peppers and onions if you like. Salt and pepper. Sprinkle with shredded American or cheddar cheese (2 cups approx). Mix 8 eggs (or more if you like) until well blended. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture. Bake at 350 until set eggs are set. Sprinkle with additional cheese and put back in oven just until it melts.

Both of these take 30 minutes to 1 hr to cook.
You can sprinkle chopped fresh tomatoes over either one before serving.

Quote:
Mine too! The big one(DH) and the little one! Thats on my list to do today. The eggs are boiling now.

This isn't of coarse a baked item. But I always have a carton of boiled eggs in my fridge. They make a quick snack and are handy for a salad or an egg salad sandwich can be whipped up in a quick hurry. Also DH is a truck driver and as long as I peel them he will take them in his lunch. He needs things he can eat while driving, so this works well.

Back
Top Bottom