Bald Eagles?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Hello all. This morning I noticed a bald eagle pair hanging around the area. They've been flying around together (very majestically!).

Just wanted to know if I should be extra cautious with the birds. The run is covered, but I'm just worried because of how large eagles are and that they could probably dive through the wire. Would they go after my ducks?

Side note: Do not suggest I hurt or kill the eagles. Thank you!

So I had a terrible experience with Eagles, they ate a duck and a chicken. Basically, I had 4 eagles on my property, all sharing pieces of my birds, it was traumatizing to watch. As soon as I entered the driveway, I saw this feast taking place, I practically jumped out of my car, running frantically towards the birds, waving my arms and screaming like an insane person (I didnt realize my birds were dead yet)

After I had shooed them away and cleaned up my birds, crying, I looked around the field to find more feathers than I thought I would ever see. They literally covered my field like a blanket. I was sure all my chickens were dead. It took me 40 minutes to find all 30 bird, no other were dead, but they all were scared to death and shaking.

Now I have a super secure run and I haven't seen eagles since. (I chase them off when I see them)

Yes, they will probably eat your duck when they get the chance, and they Will enjoy it

I agree with the other posts. Eagles will take a bird if they get the chance. No one is going to suggest you eliminate them. They are federally protected so it is against the law to kill a bird of prey. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom