Bald Muscovies

chasing ducks

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
New Hampshire
I need some advice, my 2 muscovies were in the brooder (they're 5 weeks old) with 2 goslings and 8 other ducklings around 3-4 weeks old. It got crowded so my husband and i were building another duck house for them, however in the process both my muscovies have gone bald! It looks like either they or one of the other ducks have ripped out large patches of feathers. I have them seperated now, but do I need to seperate them from each other? This happened over a 2 night span and none of my other ducklings were harmed, from what I understand this is common scovie behavior, so I am guessing their doing it to each other? Any helpful hints or suggestions?

I've never had that happen with any of mine before. my brooder did get Really crowded a few weeks back but i finally ended up moving them outside. My best guess would be the other babies are doing it or they could be doing it to eachother because they're stressed from crowding. I imagine they should be fine after they get more space to run around.

Back
Top Bottom