bald rooster?

beckyschicks

Songster
13 Years
Sep 22, 2009
Iron Ridge WI
I just lost my favorte rooster last Friday, to a unknown reason. Well today when I went down to the coop, my other boy is completely bald. No other feathers missing. I know that they have leg mites, but would feather or body mites cause his feathers to fall out. I have thought about being picked on, but now he is the top roo and there are no other feathers missing or "battle" wounds. I didn't notice any missing yesterday, but that doesn't mean they were all there either. My question is, if it is body mites, how do I treat them? Also I just dewormed them with wazine on Sunday and was going to follow up with Ivermectin next week, should I just use the pour on now just incase it is body mites or should I wait. One last question; how would I go about using the seven dust? Just sprinkle it on them? I did clean the coop out, wash, repeat, and then DE it on Saturday. The rooster is 18 months and the only other roo is 6 months. Thank you in advanced!

I would hold off on the Ivermectin until it's time for it, until then YES you can just sprinkle the Sevin dust on him
smile.png

I agree with the above post. and the feathers falling off could be your rooster picking at the mites and pulling off feathers.

I saw a suggestion of putting the sevin into an old sock and using it for dusting them. also you can take an old pillow case or plastic bag pour in the sevin and put bird inside all but head close up bag below head and shake.. then in a week get ivermectin or epernix pour-on and put 4 drops on small fowl and 6to 7 drops on large.. on the skin at neck base right above wings.. you'll also need to treat coop, now and again in a week..

Back
Top Bottom