Bald spot - moulting or fighting?

Thanks a lot... I will try to look for the spray or equivelent in uk. Haha pinless peepers... First time iv seen
263a.png
They'll look cool haha
1f60e.png

Wow! I haven't seen pinless peepers before. Doesn't it stop the hen from being able to see food in front of her?

Also, good news! Lola's pin feathers are sprouting feathers so she should be back to normal soon. Now I'm just struggling to keep them alive in this ridiculous heat - 40 degrees here in Adelaide. I'm not sure what that is in Fahrenheit.

No, she can see down and to the sides, just not straight forward. it takes them a few minutes to get used to it, I hold them for about 10 minutes or so, then put them down and I put out a pile of scratch so they get used to eating with them on, then they are fine.

Are your hens hatching eggs? When my hen hatched, she pulled out her feathers on her tummy to both feather the nest and keep the eggs warm. Yours looks quite bad though. Have you checked thoroughly for mites (they only come out at night)? If she's itching from mites, she could be pulling her feathers out. Are you able to get your hen to a bird vet?

I have checked from what I can see no mites none of the others have any signs ive looked at her skin but cannot see any damage from pecking or any signs of feathers being plucked
No egg hatching either
Could I put some cream on it to see if that helps

My hen got her feathers on her back plucked. Now she has a big bald spot. It is not bleeding. Can I do anything for her? Will it effect her? Thank you!

You can get a hen saddle and she can wear it until they grow back. is it one plucking her? or many? if she is completely bald in that spot, you could put some blu-kote on it to keep the others from picking on that spot and causing sores, bleeding and such. You can get pinless peepers for the plucker(s).

Back
Top Bottom