Bald spots near ears???

DarleneE

Songster
9 Years
Feb 9, 2014
Riverview, Fla
20170601_132221.jpg
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would have any idea what this could be on my Aussie's neck? I just noticed these bald spots today. I have noticed for a few weeks that there are a few of those small feathers in the roost in the mornings when I go to clean it? I mean 2 to 4 little feathers maybe... nothing crazy or anything! I don't see any bugs on her or in the coop and roost. I am baffled and any thoughts or ideas on what could be causing this will be very much appreciated.
Thank you most sincerely!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170601-175420.png
    Screenshot_20170601-175420.png
    2 MB · Views: 2
Sometimes it's from a neck molt, where they only molt around the head, another cause could be from other chickens plucking them out. Sometimes they do it to each other. My submissive faverolle has no beard from the more dominant hens pulling them out. Only they know why.

oldhenlikesdogs,
Thank you for writing. I agree with all you wrote! I was thinking the very same thing. I'm going to put the baby monitor back in the roost so I can see what's going on in there! I just can't believe Daisy would do that to her though because they get along so well and are inseparable! They even eat from the same bowls! But who knows what goes on in a chickens mind right? Lol
Thanks again and best wishes to you and yours!

Back
Top Bottom