BALUT

luvemal

In the Brooder
Sep 30, 2015
San Jose. Ca.
I am starting a new thread to clarify ny previous thread asking if Quail eggs can be consumed if they don't CANDLE after
7-8 days.
This should clarify what I was trying to ask. Sorry for my ignorance in not communicating accurately.

BALUT;
CPHAZ- Center for Public Health and Zoonoses, University of GUELPH (search "BALUT" on the internet).
This article mentions Duck and Chicken eggs but does not mention Quail eggs.
It would make sense to me if Quail eggs could be made into "BALUT". It would give us a new consumable use for Quail eggs.

Any thoughts from forum members would becontributory to the effort.

Thank you,
Douglas E. Lee (Lumemall)

If it were cooked enough the previously mentioned bacteria would be killed.

If people are used to eating balut then I dont see why quail eggs would be any different, same thing just smaller. The duck and chicken eggs are just more available hence why those are used more.

People from different area have different tolerance to different foods and bacterias so I don't see a problem with it if thats what floats your boat, each to their own.

You could try it, I doubt it would kill you if it did have something wrong, if you start to feel sick just see a GP. Even better if like here GPs are bulk billed so are free :)

People get food poisoning all the time and come through ok providing there are no complications.

I read that in Australia many people get sick from homemade and store bought Bilitong - I think it may possibly be from using Roo meat??

Have been trying to get fertilized quail eggs to make Balut. Will try Purely Poultry as they are closer than Louisiana. I need
absolutely fresh eggs to do this experiment. I do not want to use the eggs in my incubator as those were too hard to get.
I will use my Chick-a-bator for this experiment.
Maybe some other game bird eggs also.

I have had a request from a vietnamese customer for Balut Quail. Trying to find info on how long to incubate them. Apparently it is popular in Viet nam.

Back
Top Bottom