BamaChicken....I have babies! ***Pics Added***

RedStickLA

Songster
12 Years
Feb 27, 2007
South Louisiana
Hey Julie...
I peeked under the mama hen a little while ago and...
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I have 2 little blue Orp chicks that have hatched and 4 eggs with pips...and only one that has not piped yet. I can't wait to see what I have in the morning!
jumpy.gif

big_smile.png
Mitzi
wee.gif

Last edited:
woot.gif
Now I have 5 little chicks! And one still working on hatching...I think it is an egg marked Mottled. The last has not piped yet but I am still hoping it will pip and hatch. Today is day 21.

Mama has been so sweet letting me take a peek at them.
love.gif

I am going to try and take some pics...
jumpy.gif

Mitzi
wee.gif

Woohoo!!! Can't wait to see pictures! What breed is your broody hen? My OEGB broodies that I had a couple years ago would try to kill anyone that even looked at their nest! Much less letting me peek, but then I had one buff orp broody a few years ago that would tolerate me peeking a few times, even though it did upset her quite a bit.

smile.png
Here are some pictures of the mama, who is a Standard Cochin with the little sweet blue/splash orp babies...Number 6 hatched too! but was still drying off under mama.
love.gif

Mitzi

P4030061.jpg

P4030062.jpg

P4030050.jpg

P4030059.jpg

P4030048.jpg

Thank You Alexis! I agree they are sooo cute! I am so happy that I put them under the broody hen. I have read that everyone has a really hard time hatching the shipped blue orp eggs so I figured I had better let the hen do the hatching and not me to give them a better chance...
Mitzi

Awwwwwwwwww, Mitzi

How cute they are. She did a good job with them. Ya' know, there ain't nothing prettier than an Alabama chick hatched in Louisiana. Must be the weather that makes them so purty.
gig.gif

I gotta give BamaChicken a call and get on the list for some eggs to go with my blue and black baby orps.

Back
Top Bottom