Banding

nes

Songster
10 Years
Jun 22, 2009
Outside Ottawa
When should I band my BPR chicks? I'm thinking the ladies are going to be a little hard to tell apart
hu.gif

I don't know a thing about banding or how to do it...

Any suggestions on banding brands for a small flock? We're not planning on having more then a dozen layers at any one time (that would even be stretching it) so different colours would be better then numbers.

Quote:
I used Zip Ties!
I got a pack at walmart that has a 4 different colors in it for my hens and I got just plain black for my roosters! I have 2 silver sebright hens, 2 serama hens and 2 Jersey Giant hens that all look the same so I use neon pink for one and neon orange for the other!
I also sold a serama roo at a swap 2 weeks ago and I seen an add on craigslist asking for information on a serama rooster who was sold at a swap with a black zip tie, the woman bought a serama rooster from someone who said they bought it at a swap and she wanted to know his age and more info on the serama breed. so for me it was good for IDing also (although that was probably a once in a lifetime thing)

Quote:
I had the same problem with my 6 RIRs. At 12 weeks old, I bought a box of 25 white numbered plastic bandettes and colored them with sharpies, now I can identify the trouble makers!

Back
Top Bottom