Bantam breed/color ID picture heavy

jc12551

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
S.W. TN
These are only a couple days old and came from TSC via Mt. Healthy. Can anyone help me identify the breed?

This one is really stumping me. Looks like a rose or pea comb, clean legged, dark coloring down the front of the legs.

Pretty sure these three are OEGB and are possible three different colors.

Chick 1- looks like a silver spangled hamburg or silver sebright
Chick 2- probably a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam, maybe a Silver duckwing Dorking chick though.
Chick 3- black breasted red Old English Game Bantam
Chick 4- either silver duckwing or black breasted red Old English Game Bantam.:)

You may be correct about the silver Sebright! I hadn't even thought about that. I have some golden Sebrights and just assumed that silver would look similar. That would be a wonderful addition to my flock.

Chick 1- looks like a silver spangled hamburg or silver sebright
Chick 2- probably a Silver Duckwing Old English Game Bantam, maybe a Silver duckwing Dorking chick though.
Chick 3- black breasted red Old English Game Bantam
Chick 4- either silver duckwing or black breasted red Old English Game Bantam.:)
. X2... I read about a trick to sexing silver duckwing oegb.... The darker ones like the first pic are pullets and the lighter like the last are cockerels. It's not 100% of course, but it has always worked with our sd chicks

Back
Top Bottom