Bantam Breed ID

gotweim

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 25, 2011
Romeo, MI
Hi!

Just looking for some help on IDing this little guy we have. My daughter is interested in joining 4H and showing him, however I'm not sure what breed he is. His name is Phil and he's the friendliest little guy ever!

Is Silver Duckwing Old English Bantam a possibility?

TIA!!

Last edited:
He is a living doll. How does he get along with your silkie roo? I'm sorry I don't know the bantam game breeds. But, I think you have it figured out yourself.

Silver ducking OEG would be my guess as well. Lucky you he's nice! I had 2 roos and they were awful! Super cute though!

Thanks!! He gets along with everyone, even our 2 other roos, he's just a happy, little fella! My daughter is going to have a blast showing him!
1f60a.png
1f414.png

You got it, Silver Duckwing OEG bantam. He's gonna be very nice when he gets his full tail back in.

Thanks!! He lost his long tail feathers a few months back, we were bummed! Will they come back??

They will. You might check to see if the feathers where broken off as opposed to being completely pulled out. If they are broken, pluck them, they'll get started growing again. If you leave them broken, they wont be at their full potential until he molts them and they grow back (and that likely won't be in time for any show).

They will. You might check to see if the feathers where broken off as opposed to being completely pulled out. If they are broken, pluck them, they'll get started growing again. If you leave them broken, they wont be at their full potential until he molts them and they grow back (and that likely won't be in time for any show).

Thank you! I'll check in the morning!

Definitely a Silver duckwing oeg bantam. Here is a picture of my little guy at about 4 to 5 months old (i was told by a BYC member). He is super friendly too. He loves to sit on my lap and visit with me. He is also very protective of his flock of hens. Fantastic hardworking roo. He went up against a falcon to save his hens. He is fine and unharmed! He is my favorite of the flock.
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom