Bantam breed questions

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Robin'sBrood, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I was told they are Millie Fleur D'uccle. Then I was told they aren't, due to their coloring. Remember "Name That Tune"? Well, this is Name That Bird! [​IMG] What are they, Millie crosses? If so, with what?

This is Miss Milly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Miss Daisy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sisters at 14 weeks old
    [​IMG]

2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yep, they're mille fleur d'uccles, just with a bit of off coloring.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

If I am not mistaken Mille Fleur is actually a color. D'Uccle is actually the breed.

The look like a Mille Fleur Ameraucana mix to me, but then they are feather legged so who knows.

4. Frizzledhen

Frizzledhen Spear Gunnin' Coons

Feb 17, 2007
    Michigan
    I don't know too much about Millies but your birds, while very pretty, do not have the body of a Millie. The head and tail should form a V shape. They walk very upright. Your birds bodies are way to big IMO. I would say they are mixed but have no idea what they are mixed with. [​IMG]

5. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
  6. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    They are in their juvenile plumage. Be patient, they have one more molt to go then their adult colour will show.
    As to type it's hard to really tell-standing on a wire cage makes most birds nervous & they don't assume a normal posture. Also immature birds sometimes don't show type well. Try some pictures of them standing on the ground when they are more mature.

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I agree with NYReds. I think they are still young yet, and need to molt again before they will get their adult plumage. Give them a bit more time and I think you will be able to better tell if they are Millies or if they are crosses.

8. chiknlady

chiknlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    SE PA
    They look like my mille fleur...

9. Robin'sBrood

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Quote:Okay, that makes perfect sense. Their plumage has already changed a lot and it is still changing. The black is separating and losing that barred look, and their white spots have really started coming in over the last couple of weeks. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by