"Bantam Bungalow"...Wife is blown away...Newest Pics of Progress!!!!!

fireguy56

Songster
9 Years
Oct 2, 2010
Slidell, Louisiana
Well folks, Here it is so far for those of you that wanted to see more photos. Didn't get to work on it yesterday due to B-Day part for one of the grand kids. Started late today, but got alot done. Got a great deal on flooring from Lowes...7' x 12' of very heavy duty sheet goods for $13.50....was end of roll and kid knocked alot off the sq. ft. price. Awesome..so I got that in , then did a metal threshold at front door and "coop cleanout door" on side. Installed the chains to hold up nest box doors...built, painted and hung front door.....finished hardware cloth over vent openings on left side of coop and soffit installed as well. Wife put down the shavings and we moved the babies in. They were outgrowing the brooder, so we had to move them into their new pad. They love it. Still have to finish the nest boxes, roost, poop trays and run area.....but that will be a breeze. Be done by nest weekend I hope. Hope ya enjoy the photos.
Erik

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_007.jpg
Flooring down.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_006.jpg
Chains to support nest box doors installed.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_004.jpg
Door built out of 3/4 " plywood and 1" x 4" pine.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_012.jpg
Door painted, hung and latch installed.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_005.jpg
Corner view showing front and right side.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_017.jpg
Side view with wife peeking in at the girls through front window.

69010_bantam_coop-day_nine-door_016.jpg
Girls checking out their new home.

thumbsup.gif
Wow! If your wife decides she doesnt want it any more, send it up here to NY! I will not let my silkies see these pics as they will think they are living in the slums! Nice Job!
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

Hey, will do! But don't think thas gonna fly. However if so, I'll bring it up personally. Got FDNY buddies in Manhatten, Brooklyn, Queens , Bronx and Long Island. Love the Big Apple. But tonight, GOooooooo Saints!
Erik

Back
Top Bottom