Bantam chick not acting right

chickolet

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 10, 2010
Hi there, I am a total newbie when it comes to chickens.. we got 12 chicks in the middle of April.. I have one Bantam that just isnt acting right.. She is not active at all and basically just lays in one spot.. This has been going on now for nearly 2 weeks.. We have visually inspected her but not appears to be wrong externally.. She was fine for the first month.. Again, this is all new.. any suggestions??? I have 1 other bantam just like her and he is alittle bigger, so I dont know?

When I put them outside she just lays in one spot.. she appears to be getting weaker as she doesnt try to fly out of the box or back in..

Thanks in advance!
Tracy

So her crop is ok? Not squishy with liquid or hard and enlarged (which might indicate sour crop or impacted crop)? Is she eating/drinking/pooping fine? What does her poop look like? Is it green? Does the crop seem to be emptying at night, so that it is fuller at night and emptier in the morning? Is her comb colour pale?
She should not just be laying in one spot for two weeks, particularly if she just lays where you move her to. A broody hen of course would lay around most of the day, but specifically on their chosen nest, and they need to be old enough to be broody.

If it eats, drinks and washes it self its ok. Maybe it just the rut if have a chick i incubated and it likes to sleep alot but its ok .. touch wood

Back
Top Bottom