Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Pics
And some random photos of my young pet flock. I have a really bad habit so far--I really enjoy taking their picture when they are roosting at night! Of course they hate this! They're trying to sleep and my camera has a flash! But the photos are so cute!

Attachments

• IMG_5839.jpg
    IMG_5839.jpg
    899.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5847.jpg
    IMG_5847.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5820.jpg
    IMG_5820.jpg
    555.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5821.jpg
    IMG_5821.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5819.jpg
    IMG_5819.jpg
    663.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5818.jpg
    IMG_5818.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 7
I'll help! I can't stop taking photos constantly! Here's Morse the cockerel, and Catherine and Coretta the pullets.
:love
My little Dutch cockerel had a swollen leg and wouldn't stand for his first three weeks. I had to splint his legs and separate him half the time from his brood mates. My sweet cat looked after him quite a bit. I just brought Nicky-the cockerel- in for a cuddle and my cat walked in and got in my lap, too. Then my cat, Malcolm, went to watch squirrels through the window. I let Nicky go and sit by him. He stayed for a good five minutes! They are definitely friends!
Sounds like you have one great Cat! I love the pics of him snuggling with the Chick, so Cute.

My little Dutch cockerel had a swollen leg and wouldn't stand for his first three weeks. I had to splint his legs and separate him half the time from his brood mates. My sweet cat looked after him quite a bit. I just brought Nicky-the cockerel- in for a cuddle and my cat walked in and got in my lap, too. Then my cat, Malcolm, went to watch squirrels through the window. I let Nicky go and sit by him. He stayed for a good five minutes! They are definitely friends!

Aw, glad he recovered! Your cat is adorable!! I love the picture with his paw over the chick in the towel. :love He looks like he's saying, "This is mine now." :gig

And some random photos of my young pet flock. I have a really bad habit so far--I really enjoy taking their picture when they are roosting at night! Of course they hate this! They're trying to sleep and my camera has a flash! But the photos are so cute!

:love :love Too cute! Those GL Cochins don't look happy with you at all in that third to last picture! :p

Oh wow. Didn't know there were bantam ducklings. Cute photos everyone. Just had some bantam hatchling and they are like a tiny fluffy cotton ball. Will try to post photos later.

:pop

Oh, yeah, there are bantam ducks! I have some, too. Not sure if I've posted them here at all yet... Here's a fairly recent picture of them to remedy that. Crash and Malcolm the Butterscotch Call ducks. :D

Crash and Malcolm.jpg

Aw, glad he recovered! Your cat is adorable!! I love the picture with his paw over the chick in the towel. :love He looks like he's saying, "This is mine now." :gig
Adorable Calls...:woot

:love :love Too cute! Those GL Cochins don't look happy with you at all in that third to last picture! :p

:pop

Oh, yeah, there are bantam ducks! I have some, too. Not sure if I've posted them here at all yet... Here's a fairly recent picture of them to remedy that. Crash and Malcolm the Butterscotch Call ducks. :D

View attachment 1952934

Brr, already so cold there! We were only around -2° C here this morning (nothing on your temps, I know!), but everyone's running around out in the yard still, even my practically naked Cochin bantam, Bryony, who decided to lose 80% of her feathers at the end of October! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom