Bantam chickens.. a friendly discussion about all pure and mixed breeds.

Want them for lawn candy and to sell chicks
The D'Uccles have a huge demand and are easy birds to keep and easy on the eyes. Beautiful varieties, very sweet temperament. Dutch are my favorite but there's really no way to get real Dutch right now...just hatchery Dutch. Chickens Really is right about her choices! Sebrights are difficult to raise and don't love handling, but so beautiful. Everyone loves Silkies! I adore my Rosecombs--that might be another great choice. But I would say, D'Uccles for sure. Also the Bantam Cochins! They are sooooo fun and entertaining, friendly, fluffy, silly...! Wellsummer Bantams lay a lot of big (for their size) eggs. Brahma Bantams are supposed to be just tiny versions of their LF counterparts. I think all of these are winners! You just have to share photos with us when you get them! Also, the Seramas and OEGBs seem to be incredibly popular. I didn't have them as options when I got mine. There are a ton of people on BYC who have these Bantams. I just don't think you can go wrong!

The D'Uccles have a huge demand and are easy birds to keep and easy on the eyes. Beautiful varieties, very sweet temperament. Dutch are my favorite but there's really no way to get real Dutch right now...just hatchery Dutch. Chickens Really is right about her choices! Sebrights are difficult to raise and don't love handling, but so beautiful. Everyone loves Silkies! I adore my Rosecombs--that might be another great choice. But I would say, D'Uccles for sure. Also the Bantam Cochins! They are sooooo fun and entertaining, friendly, fluffy, silly...! Wellsummer Bantams lay a lot of big (for their size) eggs. Brahma Bantams are supposed to be just tiny versions of their LF counterparts. I think all of these are winners! You just have to share photos with us when you get them! Also, the Seramas and OEGBs seem to be incredibly popular. I only did have them as options when I got mine. There are a ton of people on BYC who have these Bantams. I just don't think you can go wrong!
My silver sebright rooster loves to be handled

Well, there you go! As a rule the breed doesn't love it. Mine seem to be starting to get a lot more cuddly. Sebrights really are cool , though!!
HeiHei marching in the yard

20191228_100522~3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom