Bantam Chocolate Orpingtons

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by orpsokc, Jul 3, 2011.

1. orpsokc

orpsokc New Egg

Jul 1, 2011
    I posted in the English Orpington Thread, but I thought I would start a thread to show off my bantam Chocolate Orpingtons. I have had them for a few months and think they are beautiful elegant birds.

Even though it has been really hot lately I am getting eggs and fertility is up since I put the shavers to their butt about a month ago...never thought I would ever shave a chicken butt [​IMG] I guess all that fluff gets in the way.

These pictures are from a couple months ago. His tail is a little messed up because during the cold winter his tail got singed partly off because I had the heat lamp too low.

Cockeral and Pullet
    [​IMG]

Group Chocs
    [​IMG]

Choc Chicks
    [​IMG]

Cameron

Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  2. NanaKat

NanaKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Pretty birds. What breed are the blue ones in the last picture.

3. orpsokc

orpsokc New Egg

Jul 1, 2011
    Large Fowl BBS Orpingtons. They are only a three months old and still growing out.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Beautiful birds! Congratulations! Enjoy them!

5. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    Quote:ohhh they are stunning!! the English orps are one of my 'hope' to get someday list...[​IMG] if you ever get spares let me know- i'd love a couple pullets

6. justuschickens59

justuschickens59 VA Royal Blues

Apr 2, 2009
    Virginia
    Cameron -

Your birds are gorgeous !! They have a beautiful rich chocolate color and I love the size and shape of them. Just beautiful !! I'm not a huge chocolate fan, but these are rather quickly changing my mind !!

You should be proud - they're just beautiful !!

Joy

7. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Great looking birds.

8. 1000islandspoultry

1000islandspoultry Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    well done! they look nice and healthy. we should all have some of these in our collections one day!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by