Bantam Cochin color help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Eckielady, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Thanks so much for your help. I looked up pictures of the silver laced and they look more yellow on the wings but could be a mix. These guys are so white. I can't wait to see what happens. I'll post more pics in a couple of weeks.

Crazy for Chickens! likes this.
  2. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    IMG_5186.JPG Morning. Thought maybe I could ask on one more chick since you were so helpful? This one hatched last night and is from our chickens but I'm confused on color. Dad is a mottled and mama is either mottled (obviously not the case here), gold laced or we have a red. It's also possible that the mama is our splash frizzle silkie but I'm not sure. Four hatched. Other three are mottled but this one is so unique. Looks more yellow in the photo but I had to use flash. No yellow in person, just a gorgeous slate gray. Any thoughts on her color?

3. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Actually, on second thought she probably isn't the silkies. Her other little one came out way bigger than the Cochins. Hmmm!!!

4. Crazy for Chickens!

Crazy for Chickens! Free Ranging

Jun 9, 2017
    NW Missouri
    Well, since it's a cross, there isn't really any specific color for it... So I guess you'll just have to wait it out! Obviously it's not full Mottled.

5. Eckielady

Eckielady Songster

Feb 12, 2017
    East Tennessee
    Ya, I figured. I think I've kind of expected all of them to come out mottled since I know black is dominant. Thanks again!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: