Bantam Cochin Gender???????

Just some updated photos. They are all 12 weeks at this point. My little frizzle started crowing a couple days ago, and my partridge boy is very manly in appearance but besides from the red comb this little fellow continues to kind of stay the same.

Although it's face is very red, I think it is a pullet now!

It's a pullet. I could tell from pic 1. Cochins can be tricky. But at the age of her in the OP, my boys already had a big pink comb. Her color is also even and no saddles. A cockerel would have thicker hackles and a d ar Ker shade in the hackles and tail. As well as sasdles

It's a pullet. I could tell from pic 1. Cochins can be tricky. But at the age of her in the OP, my boys already had a big pink comb. Her color is also even and no saddles. A cockerel would have thicker hackles and a d ar Ker shade in the hackles and tail. As well as sasdles

You have me doing a happy dance!

15 weeks and not a lot has changed. Over all this little guy/gal is the smallest and most submissive of the bantams. I rehomed the dominant rooster earlier this week. (Which still leaves me with 2 definite Roos and this one).

16 weeks and no crowing at this point.

Definitely a cute little bird. I really like it's color.

This is the definite Roo that I received in the same order. Even if my little mystery bird is a late bloomer when would be the latest that I would see saddle feathers?

Back
Top Bottom