Bantam Cochin ID, 8 weeks

bohok

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 12, 2016
Hey all! Back for more collective wisdom. Curious your thoughts on these little 8 week old bantam Cochins and the likely genders. I know for certain that the one second from the left is a roo, he has been crowing since he was 6 weeks old. 😂 He’s also way larger than the others. But I’m wondering about the other three and reeeeeallly hoping I don’t have what I fear I have, which is 3 cockerels and one pullet.

The one frilly pullet is obvious, she has WAY paler and smaller comb and wattle than the others. The one on the far left is the one I’m crossing my fingers is still a pullet. I’ll attach a separate picture of that one too. She had early development of feathers, very balanced as they all came in, and she doesn’t hold the same posture as the cockerel. The small white one in the back has had a bright red comb from 4-5 weeks old and has tried to crow a couple times and had very delayed filling out of adult feathers, so even though he’s the tiniest of the bunch I’m assuming cockerel.

Lay it on me, do I have 3 boys and a girl here?? Or will I actually get 2 hens?

Attachments

• IMG_8663.jpeg
    IMG_8663.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8668.jpeg
    IMG_8668.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8683.jpeg
    IMG_8683.jpeg
    679.2 KB · Views: 38
Hey all! Back for more collective wisdom. Curious your thoughts on these little 8 week old bantam Cochins and the likely genders. I know for certain that the one second from the left is a roo, he has been crowing since he was 6 weeks old. 😂 He’s also way larger than the others. But I’m wondering about the other three and reeeeeallly hoping I don’t have what I fear I have, which is 3 cockerels and one pullet.

The one frilly pullet is obvious, she has WAY paler and smaller comb and wattle than the others. The one on the far left is the one I’m crossing my fingers is still a pullet. I’ll attach a separate picture of that one too. She had early development of feathers, very balanced as they all came in, and she doesn’t hold the same posture as the cockerel. The small white one in the back has had a bright red comb from 4-5 weeks old and has tried to crow a couple times and had very delayed filling out of adult feathers, so even though he’s the tiniest of the bunch I’m assuming cockerel.

Lay it on me, do I have 3 boys and a girl here?? Or will I actually get 2 hens?
Yes, 3 boys and 1 girl. Sorry to have to confirm your fears.

Back
Top Bottom