Bantam Cochin puller or cockerels?

Both are cockerels.
How are they not pooping all over your nice comforter? I don’t understand all these pics of chickens on people’s beds and couches. Why??????

Does that bother you? :lau
IMG_20201021_133044.jpg

Completely different. Dogs don’t carry salmonella. My dogs are not allowed on my bed, and they are house trained. They don’t sh*t wherever they want, when they want.
They don't have accidents? My dogs have pottied in the house before. They're 100% housebroken too. Lots of people encourage their dogs to potty in the house with puppy pads. (Awful things that get misused more often than not). It is absolutely uncommon, but dogs can also carry Salmonella bacteria in their saliva and their stool. We won't talk about what they love rolling in and eating outside. Ack.

Should people not have turtles in their house? They carry salmonella all over their body.

My point is, that is YOUR opinion, and it has nothing to do with sexing a chicken. Maybe the chickens were brought in for photos? Maybe they were brooded in the house and they were taken out for photos? You don't know the situation, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It was very rude. So was the comment I quoted. Even if OP has them actually living in the house, still isn't called for to be rude or give an opinion that has nothing to do with the reason they started this thread. Now if they start a thread called "House Chickens - Yes or No?". Tell them what you think. Tell them the cons. Not here though.

They don't have accidents? My dogs have pottied in the house before. They're 100% housebroken too. Lots of people encourage their dogs to potty in the house with puppy pads. (Awful things that get misused more often than not). It is absolutely uncommon, but dogs can also carry Salmonella bacteria in their saliva and their stool. We won't talk about what they love rolling in and eating outside. Ack.

Should people not have turtles in their house? They carry salmonella all over their body.

My point is, that is YOUR opinion, and it has nothing to do with sexing a chicken. Maybe the chickens were brought in for photos? Maybe they were brooded in the house and they were taken out for photos? You don't know the situation, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. It was very rude. So was the comment I quoted. Even if OP has them actually living in the house, still isn't called for to be rude or give an opinion that has nothing to do with the reason they started this thread. Now if they start a thread called "House Chickens - Yes or No?". Tell them what you think. Tell them the cons. Not here though.
I understand what you’re saying, but it’s still gross. Chickens carry diseases, plain and simple. Doesn’t matter what other comparisons you make. It’s unhealthy. And chickens sh*t every 10 seconds, as opposed to a dog who can be trained and may have occasional accidents that you clean up. So you’re gonna walk behind a chicken and clean up it’s poop every 10 seconds....? You know it’s ridiculous, you’re trying to make points that don’t change the fact that chickens in the house is disgusting, unsanitary and a health hazard. Those are facts, not opinions. That’s all I’m gonna say. And you all know I’m right.

I'm not going to argue with the poop. I couldn't imagine. I do know that some use chicken diapers though. I feel like those probably have to be changed every 20 minutes, but like I said - to each their own. I'm not going to be rude to someone for making choices I wouldn't.

It's true. Chicken can carry Salmonella and Campylobacte, that may affect humans. Dogs and cats on the other hand pass far more things to us. Those are facts.

I think it's time you left it alone. Doesn't matter if you think you're right or not. You're coming across as nasty and judgemental.

Back
Top Bottom