bantam cubalayas

That is correct......Tim had the most beautiful Large fowl Cubalayas as well......I remember one year in Columbus he had won champion AOC (Any other Class) with a Cubalaya LF male.....a very tall, long, beautiful bird with not a feather out of place.....that was about 25 years ago or more....he's done alot with the breed. If any breeders do get ahold of him....say "HI" from Rusty up North for me......

42987_p1070181.jpg

NOT MY BIRD

A Bantam from a local show a few weeks ago I thought was nice.

The way i understand it after talking with Tim at Crossroads this is what i gathered, correct me if i am wrong.

Tim used to have Large Cubas. Then when he moved he wanted to switch to bantams. So he selectively bred them down in size from his Large. This showing that they are pure back to the point of his original Large birds which i am unaware of thier lineage. Tim is the way i see it, the creator of the bantam cubalays.

I am semi working on bantams as well. Mine are pure cubalayas that plopped out of one of my Large breeding pens. The parents are Large Cubas, and all the pullets came out less than 2.4 lbs so far. Some being around 28oz. or so. A big jump down. I am going to contact Mr. Bowsher for some birds in the near future... if i can find his contact info.

Zach
I’m looking for tims number. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom