Bantam duck breeders?

thanks so much for the help so far guys! It's really a big help!

As for the shipping, i had my last duckie sent to me day old from Metzer Farms with no problems.

My fiance is anxiously waiting for word from me to order ducklings. I have no problem buying a minimum, since there seem to be plenty of people around who'd be more than happy to get some free ducklings.

also, can anyone tell me exactly the colors of aussie spotted? I know there are three colors, but what do the females look like? Does anyone have clear pics? I looked online but every site has them listed differently, so i am confused...
hu.gif

If you ever decide to visit Missouri I'd gladly sex the ducklings and take what you didn't want. I'm leery about sexing day-old bantam ducklings, but once they're a week or two old it wouldn't be an issue
smile.png

lol, well thank you! Missouri might be a little farther than i can drive with 10 duckies in the backseat, lol. I can hold onto the ducklings for a week if it makes them easier to sex, i just can keep them until they are all almost fully grown to figure out what sex they are. one week old babies are still small enough to stay in my small brooder.

I'm down here in Springfield, MO. You're only a few hours away
smile.png

After one or two weeks of age I feel more comfortable vent sexing them. As day olds they're just too small and I'm always afraid they'll get hurt.

If you don't mind holding onto your bantams until they're around 12 weeks old you can sex them by the sound of their voices (males sound like Donald Duck, females sound like the traditional duck quack).

i live in a townhome and my brooder is not very big. I could keep the ducklings for maybe 2 weeks maximum before i'd run out of space. otherwise sexing by voice or even by coloring would work. I put an ad up in BST so i'm hoping i'll find someone...

I have a quad of Australian Spotteds that I plan to sell eggs and maybe ducklings from this year, but wouldn't know the first thing about sexing them so that WON'T be happening! hehe

I have three females, two look similar to the mallard, but lighter. My other is more of a peachy color. I had two previously that were white with black accents. My drake is a green head.

No pics right now as it's cold and I'm not going outside to take pics. hehe I don't have any old ones on this comp, either. My girls are from holderreads and I hatched my drake out from poorridgeranch. :)

for the aussie spotteds it seems the silver and blue head ducks are very similar with the green head duck being an over all fawn color... But i ran into the problem of checking another site with says that the green head duck is colored like the others, so i am not sure...

No clue on the hens. The drakes all look very similar except the head color, in my experience. (I had one of each.)

I'll see if I can bribe my son to go out and take pics of mine in a bit. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom