bantam eggs?

They are generally smaller than eggs from standard hens, but it also depends on the breed. Some bantam breeds lay slightly larger eggs than other bantam breeds.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

I have standard and Bantam chickens, and the bantam's shells are smaller and they don't need as much space, but their yolks are just a big as the standard chickens!!!! You can't tell them apart!!!

I was eating a Cadbury Cream egg last night and thought, hmmm, I wonder if this is the same size as a bantam chicken's egg?

This is my first year with bantams. They are silver penciled rocks & have been laying since October. They vary right now between 1 ounce & 1 1/4 ounces. I still do not see the "big yolk" or more yoke than white compared to a large egg that everyone talks about. My ratio of yolk to white seems the same as a regular egg. We love using the little eggs!

I just got some cochin banty eggs for incubating and they were a nice size, close to the mediums you get in the store....

Thanks, everyone, for your responses! And thank you for posting that pic, Greencastle, that is really neat to see! I am surprised at how big some of the bantam eggs can be!

Back
Top Bottom