bantam hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by bantams in Maine, Jan 26, 2011.

1. bantams in Maine

bantams in Maine New Egg

Jan 25, 2011
    I have a few broody bantams and would like to put some eggs under them this spring.
    Presently I have a barnevelder hen, an outrageously handsome partridge cochin rooster, a few buff
    cochin hens and some black tailed white Japanese hens.

I would like to find eggs for interesting breeds, including, but not limited to:

buff Japanese
    partridge cochin
    barnevelder
    polish
    marans-is there a bantam maran?

I have had some good luck with putting eggs under broody hens, and it certainly is the easiest way to enlarge an existing small flock...

Thank you for any ideas or leads you might be able to provide.

2. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    Polish are fairly common here on the auction forum. The other ones arn't as common i would suggest watching ovabid.com or you could try Ebay

3. peachychick

peachychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Hi Bantams in Maine,
    I was just searching BYC for a place to say that we have bantam barnevelder hatching eggs. They are laying nice eggs and we will be setting all we'll need this Wednesday. After that, they'll all go to the fridge. I'd be glad to go snap you a few pictures and give you more info on our bloodlines/particulars if you're still interested in getting this breed.
    Thanks,
    Kelli

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by