Bantam Lovers Please Help Identfy My Hen!

BANTAMWYANDOTTE

Songster
8 Years
Mar 2, 2011
Kentucky
BANTAM LOVERS AND/OR BREEDERS PLEASE HELP ME!

I have a very nice golden/yellow colored Bantam hen. She has a black-tipped tail and all her wing (or flight) feathers are black (or dark) tinted. She has yellow gills and has a Rose comb that flops to the side. She lays seven days a week a very light cream color (or off white) eggs that are smaller than GRADE A leghorn eggs but the same size as a store-bought MEDIUM white eggs. She is very dominant with my Big Stock Eggers and even the Black Jersey Giants (10 lbs) run from this tiny hen with BIG personality. On the other hand she is EXTREMLY gentle in the hands of humans and has no problem being there but still maintains her true chicken nature and runs from man. The reason I give you this information is, I am hoping someone, ANYONE, can Help me ID her breed. I know only that she is a year and half old , was hatched late in the year and weighs about 2.5 to 3 lbs. OF ALL MY EGGERS SHE LAYS MORE EGGS THAN ALL OF THEM! No lie ,even on PURINA Layer's pellets, she laid first and laid every day since her first egg and this is her first egging year. That is the reason I want to ID her breed, Of all the Bantam Roosters close to home, not one is big enough to breed her and I won't allow my 15lb. New Hampshire Red Rooster to breed her. (From fear of breaking her egg inside her thus killing this wonderful HEN) I am only24 years old and wish only to add to the knowledge left to me by my dear sweet departed Grandmother. Her love for fresh chicken meat and eggs lead to my curiosity and my all-around love for chickens. Such a gentle hen deserves a mate....IF you have any IDEAS please help me. I have two photos of her and can answer any question not covered here. Bantams are such a varied breed that the INTERNET only proved useless. I thought she may be a dutch Bantam but from what I gather they only weigh 1 to 1.75lbs (two MAX) and are poor eggers (SHE IS NOT) She is at least three pounds and lays six eggs a week at her worst. MY uncle bought the eggs at the stock yard and hatched four hens and two roosters. Due to wild dogs, cats, and opossums....She is all that's left of those eggs. PLEASE HELP ID HER OR IF NOT ANY SUGGESTION AS TO WHICH BREED OF BANTAM WOULD BE LARGE ENOUGH TO SAFELY AND SUCCESSFULLY BREED WITH HER! THANKS FROM KENTUCKY! ~~~~~BANTAMWYANDOTTE~~~~~

81435_picture_086.jpg

81435_picture_090.jpg

81435_picture_087.jpg

81435_picture_089.jpg

NOTE THAT IS LINK IS A LINK WITH THE PHOTO OF HER IN COMPARISON TO OTHER LARGE (7 TO 10) LB HENS.THE ONLY REASON I INCLUDE THIS INFO IS BECAUSE I ONLY GUESS AT HER WEIGHT BUT I KNOW A ROOSTER WHO WEIGHED 1.5 LBS WAS TOO SMALL WHICH IS HOW I GUESS 2.5 TO 3 LB FOR HER WEIGHT. PLEASE OFFER ANY EXPERIENCE OR ADVISE ON HOW I CAN BREED THIS HEN BEFORE SHE GOES BROODY WITH UNFERTILIZED EGGS

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom