Bantam Rooster and LF hens?

He doesn't ALWAYS make it work
wink.png

I have seen some fertilized eggs though! I have an EE that is fairly small, 2 japs, and a Silkie that he favors. He has a favorite Buff Orpington too, that is his favorite LF hen. I have seen a few BO eggs that look like they have that bullseye dot on the yolk...

Last summer, it was particularly hot here for a few days in a row, and I was out of town. No one collected eggs (I had someone feeding/watering them, just not getting the eggs), and a few of them formed veins without anyone sitting on them. Of course, it rained and got cold a few days later, so I am assuming they died, but that was a nasty surprise when I went to make breakfast
sad.png

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

And yeah...seeing him compared to your dom. hen in that one picture... my little d'uccle guy is quite a bit smaller than your little roo. Still, if he's hitting the mark w/your buff orp, then he's quite a limber little guy...lol.

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

And yeah...seeing him compared to your dom. hen in that one picture... my little d'uccle guy is quite a bit smaller than your little roo. Still, if he's hitting the mark w/your buff orp, then he's quite a limber little guy...lol.

lol! If he mates with her 5x in a day, I'm guessing he hits the mark once or less! lol He gives it his best effort though! lol

Back
Top Bottom