Bantam Silkie Comb?

This post was very helpful, thank you, as I currently have two 4 week old chicks, a Silkie and a Frizzle.

This is my first time with Silkies and I am also trying to sex mine. My little Frizzle I already suspect to be male. He has a little mohawk that could be the beginning of streamer feathers. I think the Silkie is a hen, however it is still early!

Does anyone here mix their bantams (silkie/frizzle) with bigger birds? I have a Sussex, a Barred Rock, a Red Sexlink a Leghorn and an Azure Blue. They are mostly friendly with other birds but last year the sexlink was bullying the Barred Rock badly. The Azure was a baby but fit in with the flock well at about 15 weeks. Currently, the Azure is bossing around the Sexlink, who was Second in acommand to the Sussex for two years before that lol!

So, I am also trying to sex Silkie chicks and wondering how to introduce bantams to the bigger girls.

This board is so helpful, thanks in advance. ☺️🐣
I have a mixed flock this year.
This is my second year with chickens and had to start over so I have all fresh chicks, many different ages (11 weeks, 10 weeks, 8 weeks and 3 weeks). My silkies are with the other chickens and are doing just fine. One is actually a very dominant bird, so the bigger birds are actually getting beat up! But it’s pecking order. I also have a bantam Sebright that is out with everyone else all the time. They do just fine. My problem is, one of the bantams is a rooster and one of the bigs is a rooster.. so those two seem to not like eachother, and they chase eachother.. but all the others are getting along fine.

I have a mixed flock this year.
This is my second year with chickens and had to start over so I have all fresh chicks, many different ages (11 weeks, 10 weeks, 8 weeks and 3 weeks). My silkies are with the other chickens and are doing just fine. One is actually a very dominant bird, so the bigger birds are actually getting beat up! But it’s pecking order. I also have a bantam Sebright that is out with everyone else all the time. They do just fine. My problem is, one of the bantams is a rooster and one of the bigs is a rooster.. so those two seem to not like eachother, and they chase eachother.. but all the others are getting along fine.
Thank you BeccaRecca13, this is very good news! I am so sure the little frizzle is a roo. This morning he got, well, loud. Lol! They were 4 weeks old yesterday And have had 2 “field trips” outside so far, for about 5-10 minutes each. They loved fluttering about.

My hens are generally good but I will probably separate them a bit at the beginning. It is so good to know that I can mix them. This is my first time with Bantam birds.

Having babies is so much fun though, isn’t it!☺️🐣

pictures- black one is Little Hawk (his little mohawk) and the blonde is Fabulous Anna because she is fabulous and reminds us of Anna Nicole Smith😂

Attachments

• B9E2EC1C-3082-489E-AAB2-C07A15D50497.jpeg
    B9E2EC1C-3082-489E-AAB2-C07A15D50497.jpeg
    786.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 7F2B4C38-447D-49BB-B58F-C29DA9CC2BEB.jpeg
    7F2B4C38-447D-49BB-B58F-C29DA9CC2BEB.jpeg
    977.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom