Bantam, Silkies and Showgirls ..oh MY

BantamBre

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2022
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am not new to chickens, but this is the first time I have ever owned chickens all by myself. I was 6 years old when I caught my first chicken, and I was 7 when I had my first pet rooster. Now I’m 26 and have a backyard flock of my own and they’re all my babies. I have bantams that are trained to fly up to my shoulder and much different then what it was like as a kid on the farm.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
chicken math…. Can’t compute :p more than 2!
(3) What breeds do you have?
Bantams (old English game, Sebright) bearded silkies, showgirl silkies, sapphire gem, isa browns, and barred rock
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I get to go out and spend time with my flock every day
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fish keeping, gardening, cooking, drawing
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I am a librarian, currently driving for income( mostly stay at home). My husband and I have been married for almost a decade. We have a dog, that’s is surprisingly protective of our flock and a cat that always likes to watch from the window. Unfortunately we don’t have kids… the birds and other pets make up for it
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found BYC from a google search, looking up how to sex my silkies. Still learning a lot. My husband told me I’m the crazy chicken lady so I wanted to make it official by joining a chicken forum 😂

Back
Top Bottom