Bantams, how many do you have and why?

I keep bantams because they are just sooo darned cute! I never thought I would like them, but my friend gave me some hatching eggs that were Polish bantams, and I hatched out three little Polish chicks. Then I fell in love with the frizzle genetics, so I bought a few little cochin bantam frizzles pullets, and then I had to have a silkie......So my little flock of bantams has their own little coop, and there are five. Sooo cute.

My favorite is "Little Blackie", and she's a little cochin frizzle. Sooo loveable!

23665_tinypolish.jpg

23665_polishchicken.jpg

23665_cochinbantamfrizzle.jpg

Here are a few!
smile.png

I have bantams and large fowl.
I have the bantams because they're very cute and they like to be held and carry them around with me while I do my chicken chores.
love.gif

I have small dogs, and the bantam eggs are just the right treat for the dogs.

The little eggs also make the perfect deviled eggs since they're bite sized.

The bantams I have are:
Silkies
Seramas
d'Uccles
and I would like to get some Modern Game bantams later

smile.png

I have 5 bantams total! I absolutely loove them!! I have 3 BB Red Old English Game chickens (1 roo 2 hens) and 2 Silver Duckwing old english Game Fowl. The duckwings are a little skittish but they are so pretty! You will definetely be happy with yours.

BTW, It looked to be that you have one BB Red chick with the chipmunk head and brown back feathers. Thats abotu what mine looked when younger.
smile.png

Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom