Bantams please!!!

Do they sit on your eggs for you?

Yes, they love to be broody. It's early spring here in NZ and I already have a broody OEGB. I'm hoping she'll keep sitting until I can hatch a few ducklings for her to raise. :fl But she started sitting just after I set them, so we'll see. I might give her a live duck egg to sit on as that should keep her sitting and hope it hatches around the same time as the ones in my incubator.

Wow Jae! Have you submitted any of these to the calendar contest? You'd have a great shot, these are amazing pics. This is a fun thread btw @cherrynberry ! I have a Buff Brahma bantam roo that I rescued as a sickly 3 week old. He was very skinny and sadly the rest of his brood wasn't so lucky. He's a sweet boy though and has had 8 babies this spring. He fertilizes my LF hen's eggs really well. I haven't seen an infertile egg in a long time. He does a good job. He isn't very good quality, but he's my good boy. Here's a pic of him with his 5 babies. He's very busy rushing around and tending his girls so I almost never get clear pics of him. LolView attachment 2345827

Your boy is gorgeous. 🥰 Sounds like his girls keep him busy. :lol:

The Silver Duckwing OEGB was in the calendar a few years ago. So I didn't think I should enter her again, as photogenic as she is. I did enter a photo of my little cockerel but he wasn't looking as glorious as he does now.

I have some bantams (mixed breed though)
00AEB6F5-3EFA-47F0-831E-0C4D4EFF021C.jpeg

3F59559A-68B1-4388-A763-A8CDF01E0298.jpeg

46C24071-D79A-46A7-BD53-144823DE7D14.jpeg
C8D28E1F-DF2A-4D72-8558-89243AA67603.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom