Barebacked hens. Hen sadles didn't work.

Mooocoow7

Songster
May 1, 2020
Norcal
I've tried the traditional sadles with elastic an denim and they caused the poor test chicken to get attacked an freak out, it also looked like she was really uncomfortable. I'm wondering if there's anything out there that is different and will be more comfortable and cause them to not be attacked.

I’m not aware of anything other than the saddles.
Are you trying to cover them while they regrow feathers? What’s causing the issue? If it’s a rooster, you could certainly isolate him for a while if he’s overmating. Do you have enough hens for him?

I’m not aware of anything other than the saddles.
Are you trying to cover them while they regrow feathers? What’s causing the issue? If it’s a rooster, you could certainly isolate him for a while if he’s overmating. Do you have enough hens for him?
Roosters are causing the issue. An there are 6 roos and 14 lady's and thining out the roosters is proving to be impossible.

I agree that is way too many roos. Also we recently got the hen saddle from myfavoritechicken.com and it is working really well for my girl. Also when you put it on it should be at night when they are already roosting so they don't really freak out and they have all night to get used to it.

Separate the roosters in a pen or separately. Make plan on how you are going to have only one or two roosters. Hen saddles are not going to help when you have too many cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom