Barn lean-to coop build

A little detail on where some of the other scrap roof pieces are now attached above the front doors to allow ventilation but hopefully stop too strong of a direct wind.
Side view looks good, decent baffling.
From inside, what's the pink stuff?

Been working on other things around the house. Still need to wrap this up - especially now because it's becoming-more-real since these little ones arrived yesterday. We now have 6, the Buff missed the initial photo-op apparently.
  • Rhode Island Red
  • Light Brahma
  • Buff Orpington
  • Ameracauna
  • Cream Legbar
  • Black Copper Maran
U3D9GHuEQGuv4GwGInc8iQ.jpg

Your chicks are adorable!! And a fantastic build!

Ours in GA have a similar set up in that the coop door is always open...and our chickens often choose to roost in the run. So you may want to decide whether to accomodate that with a perch and maybe poop board under it or add a coop door and lock them in. With a secure run though, probably no need to lock them in.

I would recommend more ventilation in GA though. Once full grown, chickens rarely get too cold here as long as they stay dry. I'd cut a cute window or two and cover with hardware cloth.

Yes, I have intentions for the small surrounding run area to have roosting bar. My sister has similar for her chickens and that other bar - combined with an A-frame "ramp to nowhere" seems to garner a lot of play from her hens also.

Once I have the trim boards on what I have now I will likely get a "stand-back" eye on it and cut in some 'windows' also. I think it will be easier to figure it right when I can see it.

:gigHey, if it works as planned, no problem.
What is the opening in the middle?
The opening in the bifold itself is where the ramp will enter. This coop is inside a run so that entrance will remain open full-time. The larger opening to the left is awaiting me putting the other door back up.

I got the other door trimmed, hinged, and hung today. It is getting closer little bits at a time.
The cords in the left door are just that - cords where I have tools hanging out inside for now as I work.

Attachments

• BE02F396-6C16-496F-838A-0F6D30367924.jpeg
    BE02F396-6C16-496F-838A-0F6D30367924.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom