1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Barred Plymouth Rock Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickincrazy, Jan 22, 2014.

1. chickincrazy

chickincrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    Did you know? Barred Rock bantams are gaining in popularity, so much so that there's usually lots of competition in shows?

2. michaelf

michaelf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2012
    Cochran,Ga.
    Where can I get a trio Of them??

3. chickincrazy

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    Well, this thread is old but no breeders have been responding. I don't have any available, my flock has been struggling. You can ask around, I'm sorry I couldn't help you much.

4. 1611

1611 Out Of The Brooder

I've had trouble raising my Barred Rock Bantam chicks also. I water them with an I dropper with sugar water and electrolytes for a few days. Now that they are grown they are doing well. I have about a dozen or more hens and lots of roosters. But My wife and I love our Barred Bantams. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. chickincrazy

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    You have beautiful chickens! Sorry I took so long getting back to you. It's been a busy week.

I recently lost two good roosters of this breed. Honestly, I only have like 7 birds of this breed. But I show them and started this thread for anyone who had barred rock bantams. Pro's and newbies can join this thread.

Thanks for posting, by the way! Nice chickens!

6. 1Cluckygirl

1Cluckygirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    I have a young cockerel, only about 8 weeks old. I'm wondering at what age he might be sexually mature. I have a hen I'd like to breed him with. [​IMG]

7. chickincrazy

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    I have bred a 5 month old Barred Rock cockerel with a hen. Also, I have read that they can mate successfully at 5 to 6 months of age. Good luck with him!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  8. 1Cluckygirl

1Cluckygirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 4, 2015
    Thank you! I can't keep him long because Roos aren't aloud in my area. I'm hoping to get some hatching eggs before he has to go.

9. chickincrazy

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    Oh no! That stinks. Well, let's hope he's a non-crower!

10. chickincrazy

Jan 20, 2014
    The middle of nowhere
    [​IMG]

This is Vanita, She is my FAVORITE hen. She's a show stopper, and acts like a diva! She one first place at my first show.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by