Barred rock contest!

Wow, I'm not sure... The lady told me Barred Plymouth Rock and I never questioned it. I am definitely no expert.

Your chicken looks like a barred rock, Dominique's have rose combs.

ah! yeah.. you are right... I forgot that important detail. He probably is a Barred Rock then...
I knew there was something else about Dominiques that was different, but forgot about the rose comb.

Roxanne is all beauty on the inside! She is such a sweet girl. She enjoys looking at herself in the mirror. I like to imagine she's thinking, "I love being a showgirl! I'm just gorgeous."

EDIT: Roxanne is supposed to be a year & a half, but she looks ancient. She came to us last year after a dog attack at her previous home.

Last edited:
This is Louise
She was my all time favorite hen. Followed me around like a puppy and I carried her around everywhere. Always the first to great me when I got home from work. She sadly is no longer with us.

Quote:
This is Louise
She was my all time favorite hen. Followed me around like a puppy and I carried her around everywhere. Always the first to great me when I got home from work. She sadly is no longer with us.

Aww, she was such a beautiful hen! I am sorry you lost her,
sad.png

Name: Angie
Breed: Barred Rock

Angie is getting close to 13 years old, she is still doing great and just yesterday laid as egg. She is still the boss among the younger hens. She doesn't act a age over a year old and still walks the property with her group of younger friends. A truly a special friend of our family.

Angie still free ranges during the day and is locked up at at night and is fed a well balanced diet that keeps her young and healthy, yes, she is very spoiled!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom