Barred Rock going in circles

11chicks

Hatching
8 Years
Apr 11, 2011
I have a 6 month old Barred Rock bantam hen that has been moving in circles to the left for about 3 weeks now. She also twists her neck all the way around at times and has to unwrap herself. I have been giving her vitamin solution from a dropper and hard boiled egg. She can run in a straight line at times and can get up on the roost but has stopped laying and spends most of her time circling. Anyone seen this behavior before?

Thank you!

Last edited:
I have a 6 month old Barred Rock bantam hen that has been moving in circles to the left for about 3 weeks now. She also twists her neck all the way around at times and has to unwrap herself. I have been giving her vitamin solution from a dropper and hard boiled egg. She can run in a straight line at times and can get up on the roost but has stopped laying and spends most of her time circling. Anyone seen this behavior before?
Thank you!

Startin' just as soon as you read this, replace their water w/ an astringent solution of Apple Cider Vinegar at a rate of four teaspoons to each gallon of water (but not in galvanized containers). You can increase the concentration by one teaspoon each time you clean and refill the waterer at least daily, up to as many as eight teaspoons to the gallon.

There are many good reasons to do this immediately, with the first bein' that it can't hurt one feather on any of your birds.

It is also a treatment for the toxins that botulism can build up w/in your birds, and the symptoms of this are often mistaken for wry neck (which this could still be )-;~

And, it also 'cuts through' the mucus and other coatings in the mouth, throat and intestines, which is gonna help you get higher uptake of those extra vitamins in, along w/ the nutrients/vitamins from their food, and any medicines that you might wind up givin' her.

Although, upon review, I spotted that this has been goin' on for three weeks now? Still ... worth a try ~'-)

Thank you for the suggestions. I will add the apple cider vinegar, get some antibiotic powder and more vitamin E.

Back
Top Bottom