Barred Rock pullet or roo?

Cheska

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 26, 2012
ARGH! I'd be so upset if this was a roo, but honestly, with everything I've been reading, he/she has traits from both categories that people are listing, so here are the photos. Six weeks old, coming up on 7, the comb is new, last week or so.

Ok, even with the wattles? They're super new, last day or two.

Awesome, thank you all! So excited to see her when she's all grown up!

Sorry, I hate to bump an old thread, but I'm starting to worry again about my Barred Rock, supposedly pullet, again. She's 9 weeks old this week, and every time my roo tries to dominate her (he's kind of a bully, he'll be leaving soon), she turns around and goes head to head with him, kicking and puffed up and they stand up tall, just staring at each other, until the roo gets bored with her and goes to jump on one of the others. I was wondering, besides the fact that the males have that extra barring gene that makes them lighter, (I figure that genetics aren't always 100% spot on) if this could be a roo. Comb as it first grew in was in the first part of this thread(It's all the same chicken), and I tried to get a decent shot of the tail feathers, which are starting to get pointed, however, no saddle feathers... Confused and looking for some answers. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom