Barred Rock Pullets (Pic)

I think the one on the left of the top pic is female. Her legs and feet look pretty sooty to me, and the comb would be bigger for a roo, I think. In a couple more weeks you'll be able to tell for sure, though.

I think all of the other pictures the owners have got the roos pegged. I love my little barred babies!
Heather

Thanks

All of their legs are really dark like that.

Hopefully soon I'll know for sure.
smile.png

Missi

Quote:
Me too.. My fav is when they all come up to the cage when I go out there!! Yeah I'm a sucker cause I'm always giving them something!!
wink.png

I'm just amazed at how fast they grow. This is my first experience with getting chicks. And here I was worried that I was getting them too close to the cooler weather and would have to keep them in a brooder with a lamp on them till spring!! Yeah right...

Though, do you think they all huddle together (even though it's only 69 at night) #1 just to be with each other #2 cause there spoiled rotten or #3 they really need the lamp even though their pretty much all featherd out???

I keep saying that I was going to stop turning the light on at night because I know they can get on without it but it seems like as soon as 9 or so gets here there in that one corner where they know the lights at all crowder together lay by each other!!

Just curious!!

Missi

Quote:
Me too.. My fav is when they all come up to the cage when I go out there!! Yeah I'm a sucker cause I'm always giving them something!!
wink.png

I'm just amazed at how fast they grow. This is my first experience with getting chicks. And here I was worried that I was getting them too close to the cooler weather and would have to keep them in a brooder with a lamp on them till spring!! Yeah right...

Though, do you think they all huddle together (even though it's only 69 at night) #1 just to be with each other #2 cause there spoiled rotten or #3 they really need the lamp even though their pretty much all featherd out???

I keep saying that I was going to stop turning the light on at night because I know they can get on without it but it seems like as soon as 9 or so gets here there in that one corner where they know the lights at all crowder together lay by each other!!

Just curious!!

Missi

They will cuddle together in one corner with or without the light. If they make a super-huddle-mound, which is different, then you will know that they're cold. Then again, if they're feathered out and cold when it's 69 degrees, then they're sick. So let's hope they don't do that.
wink.png

Good job spoiling your babies.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Now that you say/put it like that it's more of the lovey dovey togetherness scnerio... Sigh I guess I need to just stop feeling sorry for them and turn the lights off!!
hmm.png

Thanks,
Missi

It's hard to tell at one month. The Roos will start to develop their comb and wattles before the pullets do.

Back
Top Bottom