Barred Rock Rooster/Black Copper Maran hen

In your last post, first is a pullet, second is a cockerel.
The pullet came out of the Copper Marran egg and her chest looks barred to me so I'm guess her daddy is the Barred Rock, but one of the coxkerels also came out of a copper maran egg and he doesn't seem to have any barring so I'm thinking he belongs to the Maran rooster. I did not realize 2 rosters would go after the same hen and her egg laid a day apart would hatch from both roosters... if that even made sense lol. The other rooster came out of a green egg and he looks all copper Maran at the moment so I'm thoroughly confused🤣

They would not be sex-linked unless the hen was barred.

Too young to determine sex. Please post updated pics showing combs and wattles, at 6 weeks.
Orry I never got back to you. They're both definitely roosters, sadly the hen died😪

Attachments

• 20230121_125514.jpg
    20230121_125514.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230121_130110.jpg
    20230121_130110.jpg
    936.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230121_125719.jpg
    20230121_125719.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Lol. I'm working on getting another cage so I can get these 2 rooster seprated. The 1 roosters comb doesn't match a copper maran comb so you're right definitely green egg and I think hes gonna be huge. But I'm still not sure about the other guy although right now I'm not seeing any barring it just seems like the copper feathers aren't right. But he is still growing...

Hi! Yesterday I had one of my maran eggs hatch, she mated with a barred rock roo. The chick has a white dot on it’s head… since the hen was not barred and the offspring aren’t sex linked, is the white dot just a random barred gene that came thru but doesn’t determine sex?

Hi! Yesterday I had one of my maran eggs hatch, she mated with a barred rock roo. The chick has a white dot on it’s head… since the hen was not barred and the offspring aren’t sex linked, is the white dot just a random barred gene that came thru but doesn’t determine sex?
Correct.

Back
Top Bottom