Barred Rock

countryboy

Songster
12 Years
Oct 31, 2007
i bought 4 br's earlier today,from the feed store, they are pullets and will be 2 weeks old on monday the 17th.

2weekold1.jpg

barredrockpullet12weeksold.jpg

barredrockpullet22weeksold.jpg

i'm wondering if this one really is a pullet.
barredrockpullet32weeksold.jpg

barredrockpullet42weeksold.jpg

he.gif

Hi, Barred Rocks are my thing! The headspot is not the only indicator. Look at the darkness of the leg fronts plus the general coloration-do they look dark or more silvery as they feather out? Darker legs, darker overall color due to the white bars being narrower equal girl. I have one hen who had a huge headspot as a chick plus a cockerel's coloring, so it's not always 100% to sex these great birds, but still pretty accurate.

hey speckeled 3 weeks old and in the secondary brooder. and got to be outside as a group. they loved it, also they are easier to handle then the EE's.

barredrock3wks-2.jpg

barredrock3wks-3.jpg

barredrock3wks-1.jpg

i'll try to get some single shots in a little bit.

I adore my BR girls AND boys. They are the most curious and friendly of all my birds, except perhaps my blue and black Ameraucanas. They are so sweet. Yesterday I was sitting in a lawn chair, soaking up some spring sunshine, when my 15 week old Barred Rock cockerel jumped in my lap and lay down for a sunbath while I was petting him. He stayed for maybe 15 minutes and fell asleep. That's why I love my Barred Rocks!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom