barring and lacing genes

Jayzandra

Songster
10 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Mohave County, Arizona
Before I spend hours upon hours scouring the internet, I figured I'd ask all you knowledgeable people...

Is it possible to have one bird not only HAVE, but also SHOW both barring and lacing at the same time?

I know that barring is a sex linked gene and lacing is, uh, I don't know the word, but needs to have two copies? I don't know anything else. These genetics are complicated.

LL

Here's one I think that is carrying both. Sorry, not my bird, I borrowed this from https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/362967/anyone-breeding-wybars-in-the-us/30. Post 34 of 38.

Last edited:
I think the mess may be correct. I've seen birds posted on here that look to carry both, but most of those are of questionable parentage so we don't know for sure.

I do have one hen that, best I can figure, is either a pure barred Rock or bsl rooster over a slw hen. She has barring, and some messy lacing (I think) on her tail.

I'm not sure if the color on the lower chest and wings is barring or lacing. The pics aren't great, but the tail has definite lacing, just very smudged and messy.

Back
Top Bottom