Basement Chicken

Nadine13166

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 5, 2018
Hi. I have a chicken that is living in my basement due to having flystrike. She is all better now but she has a poopy butt all the time, that’s how she got sick. I’m afraid to put her back outside because I know it’s going to happen again. I try my best to clean her up every day but her feathers grew back very fluffy and it’s difficult. I feel if I bath her everyday she’ll be raw and it’s going to get cold out soon. My family is getting aggravated with me. She is my last one left and I have grown attached to her. I want her to go outside during the day and bring her back in at night so I will be on top of her. She has the run of the whole basement and there is section that my family uses with couches and tv. I put wee wee pads down and she seems to go on them.
I don’t know to do. Needed to vent. Thank you

I assume you are not the head of the household (if you are you can technically tell your kids "my house, my rules")? I'd have to side with your family otherwise, I don't want a chicken roaming and dandering and pooping where I'm watching TV either.

Are they against getting more chickens? How cold is it that she can't stay go outside at night? Why not trim her butt feathers rather than have to bathe every few days, it'll last much longer.

Back
Top Bottom