Batams and Full size???????!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by JoshSnape, Aug 3, 2011.

1. JoshSnape

JoshSnape Chillin' With My Peeps

I am going to purchase 6 new duck, ideally 2 of each breed. I was wondering if batams such as mini appleyard duck were able to go with khaki's and harliquins.

2. bayyjayy

bayyjayy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Utah
    I just rehomed three Pekins and two Rouens because they were sooo much bigger than my tiny mallards and they seemed to really rough. I will only stick with the medium to small breeds from now one.

3. JoshSnape

JoshSnape Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok thanks any ideas of these small medium breed? [​IMG]

4. IRL

IRL Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2010
    I have 1 pekin and two call ducks together. They do great, even in the somewhat small space they have when they are not swimming. If anything, the smaller call ducks are more aggressive.

5. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    So are there bantam ducks? Like miniture size? Sorry, new to ducks and I'm trying to find out information. [​IMG]

6. lovesgliders

lovesgliders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    Maine
    Khakis and WHs aren't HUGE breeds, IIRC, so I think they would be OK with bantams. [​IMG]

7. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    No, I was asking if ducks come in minature size. Like how chickens come in bantam size, I was wondering if ducks do too.

8. crj

crj Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2009
    Rocky Point, NC
    Zaxby's2 :

No, I was asking if ducks come in minature size. Like how chickens come in bantam size, I was wondering if ducks do too.

Yes, I think they do. You can also google to see what kinds would be available.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by