Batch of mystery chicks. Need to know the types. (older)

cityturncountry

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2015
Long story short, we ended up taking these chickens in from my SIL who is an animal hoarder (and a horrible one at that- she never takes care of them).
No idea how old they are, I know the black fuzzy one is a silkie, and my FIL said the black fuzzy with the bare neck is a Turkish? So what are the rest? I have no idea how old they are or anything about them.

The black one is soft as silk and has fuzzy on top and it has 5 toes if that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks! The Turken kind of acts like a roo, do you think it's too early to tell? What about picture #3? They are all different than the other two. The darker brown has a naked neck so I'm assuming it's a Turken as well? I tried looking up the little white ones and they look like Japanese bantams. Also, the golden one in back I think is a bantam just not sure of the breed. It's got feathers on its feet and the color resembles my buff Orpington. Looks like it is starting to get a bigger comb so I wonder if it's a roo too.

Last edited:
Long story short, we ended up taking these chickens in from my SIL who is an animal hoarder (and a horrible one at that- she never takes care of them).
No idea how old they are, I know the black fuzzy one is a silkie, and my FIL said the black fuzzy with the bare neck is a Turkish? So what are the rest? I have no idea how old they are or anything about them.
Turken, Black Silkie, Red Sex-link. All look like pullets to me.

Easter Egger pullet.

The black one is soft as silk and has fuzzy on top and it has 5 toes if that helps.
Black bird: Black Silkie or Silkie mix. White ones: Black Tailed White Japanese Bantams. Other two birds: not sure.

From left to right they look to me like a Black Tail White Japanese bantam, Black Silkie mix, Easter Egger (mainly because of the greenish legs), unknown (I can't see this one well enough), and another Black Tail White Japanese bantam.

Back
Top Bottom