Battling hens!

It should not be constant.

Sometimes a low girl may not be allowed treats. Is she eating her normal food and drinking?
No, not allowed. She stays inside the coop upstairs unless she is chased out, then right back in again.
20181101_144940.jpg

Fraggle has her head inside the upstairs coop area. Henneth is cowering inside. No blood so I'm not interfering but worried shes hungry.

Crowding could be a big part of the situation here.
I know you've tried to do a lot to alleviate it, but still....
....and sometimes a bird just does not fit into a flock.
It's hard to determine 'who's the bully'.
Removing a bird to a crate that's out of sight for a couple days might tell the tale.

Last edited:
Crowding could be a big part of the situation here.
I know you've tried to do a lot to alleviate it, but still....
....and sometimes a bird just does not fit into a flock.
It's hard to determine 'who's the bully'.
Agree. Space may be part of the issue.

I have re-watched the video several times. Still don't think it's really bullying. She's controlling the goodies and space.

Henneth is molting, she is acting and looking different, this can make her a target. She's only 41weeks old?

Where is their feeder - it that it hanging up? Does it always have feed?
I would still split up those treats into several bowls. I know you only have 6-7? birds all together, but try at least 3 separate bowls space as far apart as you can get them.
I currently only have 12 birds, but I use at least 4-6 bowls if I give something that goes in bowls - they are spread out quite a ways from each other. My head girl usually controls one and lets the others do as they please.

Even when I have fewer birds, I use at least 2 water stations and multiple feed stations, this way nothing can be completely controlled.

Just curious...what is on Roopecca's wing?

Back
Top Bottom