Bay Area BYCers!

I get it at Ramm rock on Old Redwood Hwy between Santa Rosa & Windsor. They sell it by the ton or half ton, or $4 a sack.
You might think about checking to see how much they charge to deliver. One cubic yard (27 cubic feet) will weigh 2500 pounds or so. Too much to haul even in a full size pickup like a Ford F-150. To put it another way, 1 yard will require about 50 bags of playground sand which will cost you at least $200 plus many trips in a regular car. If you spread it 3" deep, 1 cubic yard will cover about 12 square yards of run.

Oh yeah, it was yard/half yard. They broke my fence & gate when they delivered it (they had a special on; free delivery for 4 yards), so now I get a half yard in our truck every few years.

Try Lyngso or any of the other landscaping supply outfits.

We have a Ford pickup that tows something like 10,000 pounds, so we just rent a U-Haul trailer or a dump trailer if we can find one.

Most rental yards have dump trailers for around $75 a day. I highly recommend one or have it delivered for about the same amount in my area of San Jose.

We had our wood chips delivered once, along with topsoil for our raised garden beds. We made the discovery that the overhead power lines in front of our house were a very tricky proposition for a tall commercial dump truck, and the lines had to be poled out of the way, a process that involves using non-conductive rods.

So now we rent a trailer. With wood chips we can fill it to the gills; with sand or gravel we carry no more than the highest rating of the trailer, or 500 pounds less than the truck can tow, including trailer weight.

Big show coming up on the last Saturday of this month in Stockton --
frow.gif

The show is a great place to see and learn more info about different breeds of chickens, how to raise poultry, and purchase any chicken related item under the sun!

Pacific Poultry Breeders Association Show
January 25-26, 2014

Come see all the
“Fancy Chickens”
Largest Poultry Show on the West Coast!
San Joaquin Co. Fairgrounds
Stockton, CA
2014 National ABA Show
American Bantam Association
wee.gif

For more information, contact:
Anthony Rose