Bay Area BYCers!

I agree - that is absurdly expensive...Sigh. I did read about the benefits of soy-free feed in Storey's. Do you have a brand you would recommend?

I really like King Feed. They just started selling it at Western Farm in Petaluma, it's not really East Bay but it is closer than Scott's Valley.

I made the switch to Kings Feed, the girls love it and they don't seem to eat as much of it. I am feeding the ProAm Show and Grow, the pellets are mini ones - the younger birds and bantys do great on them too.

Also Western Farms is in Santa Rosa, about 20 min past Petaluma :)
I really like King Feed. They just started selling it at Western Farm in Petaluma, it's not really East Bay but it is closer than Scott's Valley.

Looking forward to tomorrow....leaving here at 5am so I can be there when the doors open!

My DH works at UC Santa Cruz and spends all week down there. He stopped at Scott's Valley Feed on his way home today and picked up 2 bags of King Feed (Natural and Calexico) for me along with 50 lb. of DE!

Last edited:
Karen,

My friend, Terrie, is looking for BCMs ... see msg below ... she picked up a trio of nice white Araucanas yesterday at the show

Thanks,

&&&&&
Black Copper Marans near Sacramento
Posted by: "Terrie Moon" [email protected] terrieamoon
Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:28 pm (PST)

Does anyone near Sacramento have Black Copper Marans?

I am interested in purchasing some.

Thanks,

[email protected]

My broody duck Lois is starting to sit on some eggs again, and I am debating if I will take them away from her or not. Would anyone here like some Black Swedish ducklings in about a month? See how cute - here she is with the last hatch!

Just counted, I have a total of 54 chooks right now, not including the 18 eggs in the incubators. I honestly thought that we had more...

AmCanyonStables, adorable ducklings! I wish I was already set up for ducks, I would take them in a heartbeat if I was. We plan on adding Saxonies and a few Muscovies later this year.

Jeremy did you sell your other pair?

Yes!

Not for what I originally wanted, but I didn't have to bring any birds home.
smile.png

I am so sorry to have missed the Stockton event, but I did move FOUR ROOS into new homes on Saturday!!! Now I am almost legal in Oakland ;) I hope you all had fun and success.

Jeremy and other East Bay-ers, let's set up a coffee meet. I'd be happy to meet just about anywhere, or even host (we can drink coffee sitting with my alpacas or watching Chicken TV...). Anyone interested? It would be fun to meet face-to-face...I'd love to get some advise and support of my habit (which does not seem to be abating whatsoever - up to 3 incubators, 5 brooders, 2 coops and two runs...yes, I have a problem).

Shout back!

Back
Top Bottom